Viewpoint has been carefully reviewing the Coronavirus guidance and measures introduced by the UK and Scottish Governments. We have decided that, in order first and foremost to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of our customers, staff and other stakeholders, we are making the following temporary changes to our services:
- With regard to our Care Homes, we have suspended non-essential visits, which includes family and friends. We continue, as far as is possible, to protect our Residents and staff inside the Care Homes through strict screening precautions and non-essential visits, other than in exceptional circumstances. We are responding on a daily basis to the Government advice and NHS inform.
- It is highly likely that we will be unable to maintain our own full staff team in our Care Homes in the coming weeks, and we will continue to review and enhance contingency plans as the situation evolves.
- With regard to our tenants, for those tenants who have on-site staff, they will continue to be present on-site as far as our resources allow. However, they will be closing their offices and will be reducing their face to face contact to emergency situations. They will continue to carry out as many tasks as possible by phone.
- It is highly likely that we will be unable to maintain a staff presence at all our sites at all times in the coming weeks, although tenants will be able to contact us by phone in the usual way.
- None of our other staff will be carrying out visits to our complexes for the immediate future, except in an emergency situation. Tenants will continue to be able to contact staff by phone.
- We will not be facilitating any social activities or quarterly meetings in our communal areas for the immediate future and would ask that if tenants organise their own activities, they follow the most up to date public health guidance.
- We will not be making our guest rooms available for the immediate future, except in emergency circumstances.
- Our repairs service will be reduced to the delivery of emergency repairs, and repairs essential to tenants’ and care home residents’ health and safety. Tenants should continue to report any repairs that they have, and our staff will identify on a case by case basis whether they will be carried out. Our definition of emergency repairs is as follows:
Unsafe power or lighting sockets or electrical fittings
Loss or part loss of electric power
External windows, doors or locks which are not secure
Loss or part loss of space or water heating if no alternative heating is available
Toilets which do not flush (if there is no other toilet in the house)
Blocked or leaking foul drains, soil stacks or toilet pans (if there is no other toilet in the house)
A blocked sink, bath or basin
Loss or part loss of water supply
Significant leaking or flooding from a water or heating pipe, tank or cistern, water leaking through roof or fabric of the building due to external defect
- Our planned and cyclical maintenance programmes will be suspended for the immediate future other than to meet landlord health and safety compliance requirements.
- Our Head Office is now closed to visitors, although all teams can be contacted by phone or by email in the usual way.
We appreciate that this is an uncertain time for all, but we hope that you will work with us in the coming weeks and months to ensure that our tenants, carehome residents, staff and other stakeholders stay as healthy and safe as possible during this period. If you have any concerns or queries at this time or would like further information, please contact a member of Viewpoint staff.
Email Us: email@example.com
General Phone Enquiries: 0131 668 4247
Repairs Requests: 08003 457 347 for free during office hours
Out of Hours Repairs: 0345 604 4686 to contact Hanover Telecare, or by pulling the cord of your alarm call system
Welfare Rights Enquiries: 0131 668 4247
St Raphael’s Care Home: 0131 667 3601
Marian House Care Home: 0131 668 4743
Lennox House Care Home: 0131 552 5774