We want to take this opportunity to provide an update following the temporary national lockdown in place for January 2021. Our priority continues to be the health and wellbeing of our tenants, residents and staff, and of course, we continue to follow all public health guidance.
If you are unable to access essential services like shopping and have no-one to help
you then please let us know and we will try and help you. And if you just want a chat to help you through all of this then again please give us a call. You are not alone and we will support you in any way that we can.
The majority of our staff continue to work in our care homes and at our complexes, delivering essential services. All other staff must currently work from home.
- Head Office - our Head Office at South Oswald Road, Edinburgh, remains closed, in line with current guidance. Viewpoint staff can be contacted by phoning our main switchboard number 0131 668 4247 or using the ‘request a repair’ or ‘contact us’ links on our website.
- Care Homes - Our dedicated care home teams continue to provide 24 hour care and support to our residents, following the regularly updated Guidance from Scottish Government and Health Protection Scotland. The current restrictions allow for “essential” visits only to the care homes. The families of our residents have been provided with the criteria and guidelines for an “essential” visit by a designated visitor. The “Relatives Gateway” on our electronic care planning system, along with Skype, WhatsApp, Zoom, and regular telephone calls helps keep our residents in touch with their families.
- Currently anyone visiting our care homes will be required to have a lateral flow test for Covid-19 carried out. This is carried out at the care home prior to entering and may take up to 30 minutes to produce a result. Information on the test can be found here.
- Offices and Communal Lounges in Complexes – while offices in our complexes are closed, staff remain on-site and can be contacted by telephone or via the intercom system. Our communal lounges remain closed.
- Home Visits - for the foreseeable future, home visits will only be undertaken where absolutely necessary and are subject to risk assessment.
- Repairs - emergency repairs continue to be carried out and inspections related to emergencies can be carried out where required. These are subject to risk assessment. Please continue to report any repairs you may have – any non-emergency repairs will be carried out when Government guidance allows us to do so
- Gardening, window cleaning and stair cleaning - our landscaping, window cleaning and stair cleaning services continue.
- Cleaning - Routine deep cleaning in our complexes continues
- Cyclical Maintenance – compliance works related to health and safety continue e.g. Gas servicing and are subject to risk assessment. If we require access to your property we will contact you directly to discuss an appropriate time.
- Planned Maintenance - some planned works which can be undertaken externally continue. We will continue to review the situation as Government guidance and advice changes.